Seaway History in Colour

SHFC001- An Illustration of the Haldiman Canals - Rex Woods

SHFC006 - Lock 25 at Iroquois
Lock 25 at Iroquois was completed in 1846. The mills located immediately above the lock would later be expropriated to build the much larger second canal.
SHFC009 - Aerial View of Old Lock 25
An aerial view of old Lock 25 and the two power plants located above this lock. The road to the left of the canal is old Highway 2.

SHFC010 - Looking Down Through Old Lock 25
Looking down through old Lock 25 from the weir.

SHFC011: An artist's impression of the waterfront at Cardinal.
The Canada Starch Works began operating in 1860 with waterwheels grinding corn. The water came down a man made channel, or flume, from beside Lock 26 which was completed in 1846. This view shows one of the early versions of the grain elevator located on the Junction Canal which ran along the north shore of the river from Lock 25 at Iroquois to Lock 26 at Cardinal

